Note: this is a DISCUSSION thread meant to gather feedback on the concept and finer points of the thread below. This is not a proposal, nor a proposal draft. Please provide any feedback you have in the comments below.
Impression mining allows almost anyone to be rewarded for creating content about CortexDAO on social platforms, paid from a portion of the treasury. The goal is to increase protocol awareness.
Implement an impression mining initiative that would pay content creators a fixed rate based on impressions earned.
In order to facilitate growth, new users must become aware of CortexDAO and its product (currently: the Convex Index). Only once they become aware can they become more familiar with the platform, and potentially, purchase the Index, growing active users and TVL.
While large-scale advertising platforms (native Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, etc. ads) are generally restricted within Crypto, UGC (user-generated-content) may prove to be a viable and sustainable source of awareness and growth.
Social platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Medium, and etc. allow anybody to have a voice. An impression mining campaign would encourage content creators to use their platforms and followings to highlight CortexDAO, and be rewarded for doing so.
The program would seek to treat any and every social account across supported platforms if they were a certified CortexDAO publisher, and to ascribe an open ended CPM (cost per 1000 impressions) for certain media types:
Social Impressions (Twitter) -$8 / 1k impressions
Editorial Content (Blog posts (Medium, Substack, personal domain, etc.)) - $25 / 1k reads
Video Content (e.g. Youtube, Twitter Video, Tik-Tok) - $50 / 1k views
EXAMPLE: Creator brings receipts from 5 tweets about the Convex Index totaling 100k impressions; they are rewarded with $800.
Initially, I (@anthony) of the Core Contributors would be responsible for vetting incoming impression mining submissions and approve or deny for payment from treasury. In the future, this role can be delegated to independent DAO contributor(s).
- The rates are currently set to incentivize participation in the program and adequately reward creators for efforts and reach.
- The rates are based on the updated Index Coop Impression Mining rates. Index Coop was the first (to my knowledge) to implement the program, and have seen great success. Impression mining has resulted in some of their most cost-efficient paid spend.
- Rates may change (increase to increase participation/volume, or decrease to make the program more sustainable, or to incentivize bonuses with specific campaigns (I.E. new product releases, etc.))
- Initially, @anthony would be responsible for vetting impressions, as there may be potential for gamification (artificially increased impressions, etc.) that need to be carefully evaluated so we don’t leak treasury spend.
Guidelines for effective posting/publishing and brand-building would be held and shared. In general, content should aim to be:
- Uniquely Insightful (Use-Case, how-to, history, stat/metric, story, testimonial, infographic, video)
Participants would follow a process to submit content and impressions earned.
Judging submissions is at the sole discretion of the Impression Mining reviewer(s). The reviewer(s) reserve the right to cap a payment or deem an account ineligible for current or future rewards.
Supported social platforms:
- Other blog(s)
- Twitter: 500 follower minimum
The program would not accept submissions using:
- Paid impressions (ads)
- Misleading, incorrect, or inauthentic content
- General trickery
- Spamming to generate additional impressions
- CortexDAO community to provide feedback in this thread.
- Create a proposal draft thread using provided feedback.
- Temperature check.
- If passed, governance proposal.
- Create a submission form.
- Create content guidelines.
- Launch program.
Based on the IndexCoop Impression Mining program