I’ve tried to incorporate all of the feedback above into this 2nd draft; however, there were parts that I didn’t fully understand and may not have included. I would strongly encourage someone more qualified and more experienced to take over from here, but if no one does, I’ll do my best. In an effort to make it easier, here are the changes made:
- Changed all $vlCXD to $CXD (ptrsdboy)
- Reduced claim period to 21 days (several suggested smaller duration)
- Removed the staggered unlocking periods due to technical constraints (Anthony)
- Changed to a 90-day locked period where any CXD claimed will be claimed as the proportional $vlCXD until the unlock date.
- (NOTE: There is a wide range of opinions on this point, but I chose 90 days because even though there was not a locked period for the first airdrop, I felt it was needed for the vote to pass, and I think it will lead to more engagement and usage).
- Under Technical Specifications, in the first sentence, I changed ANY to BOTH, so that it now reads: “A qualifying wallet is a wallet that satisfies BOTH of the following conditions:”
CIP: [to be assigned]
Discussions-to: Discussion: Second Chance Airdrop - #28 by Mo123
Quorum: of circulating $CXD supply / 50% of voting $CXD must be in favor of the proposal.
Proposal to give qualifying wallets that did not claim during the first airdrop access to a $CXD token airdrop allocation.
If accepted, this proposal will authorize the core development group to perform the following:
- Snapshot qualifying wallet addresses
- Activate an airdrop claim UI to allow qualifying wallets to complete the airdrop process
- Additional Parameters:
- Tokens are locked for 90 days.
About ⅓ of the available tokens were unclaimed. Providing a 2nd chance would allow those who missed the first airdrop to redeem their tokens, as well as grow the new community
This proposal suggests an airdrop be set up for 21 days and the tokens received will be locked for 90 days.
Based on community discussions, the following benefits were identified for CortexDAO to propose and approve this airdrop:
- Allow those who missed the first airdrop a second chance to receive an airdrop
- All of these tokens are locked initially
- The tokes will be unlocked after 90 days
Also, from the community discussion, the following concerns were identified:
- The 2nd airdrop tokens may be dumped immediately, resulting in a significant price drop. To reduce the likelihood of this, tokes will be locked for 90 days, thus allowing for more Cortex participation as well as placing a barrier for an instant exit.
The solution provided in this proposal should adequately balance both the benefits to CortexDAO along with the concerns presented by the CortexDAO membership.
- A qualifying wallet is a wallet that satisfies BOTH of the following conditions:
- Qualified for the first airdrop
- Did not claim their $CXD tokens
- The core contributing development group will take a snapshot of qualifying wallets.
- The following criteria determines how many $CXD tokens a wallet can claim:
- Quantity is determined exactly the same as the 1st airdrop
- The core contributing development group will activate an airdrop claim UI to allow qualifying wallets to complete the airdrop process.
- The airdrop process will require $CXD claims to be claimed as vlCXD for 90 days
- The core contributing development group will close the airdrop 21 days from when it becomes available.
- FOR: Approve a new airdrop allocation of $CXD tokens to qualifying wallets
- AGAINST: Do not approve a new airdrop allocation of $CXD tokens
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0 1